Are you an African scholar seeking an incredible opportunity to enhance your research and academic career? Look no further! The University of Ghana, in collaboration with the Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa (MIASA), is thrilled to announce the opening of applications for the 2024 MIASA Fellowship Program. This prestigious fellowship is designed to support scholars from across the African continent, providing them with invaluable resources and a platform to pursue their research interests. If you are passionate about advancing knowledge and making a significant impact, this fellowship is tailor-made for you!
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The 2024 MIASA Fellowship Program is a highly competitive initiative that aims to foster interdisciplinary research in the humanities and social sciences. It offers an unparalleled opportunity for scholars to engage in cutting-edge research, collaborate with renowned academics, and contribute to the vibrant intellectual community at the University of Ghana. This program is open to scholars from all African countries, making it a truly inclusive and diverse fellowship.
ABOUT THE HOST INSTITUTION
The University of Ghana, located in the vibrant city of Accra, is a leading academic institution renowned for its commitment to excellence in teaching and research. With a rich history spanning over 70 years, the university has established itself as a center of intellectual growth and innovation in Africa. Boasting state-of-the-art facilities, world-class faculty, and a diverse student body, the University of Ghana provides an ideal environment for scholars to thrive and make significant contributions to their respective fields.
To be eligible for the 2024 MIASA Fellowship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Citizenship: Applicants must be citizens of any African country.
2. Academic Qualifications: Applicants must hold a doctoral degree or be at an advanced stage of their PhD research.
3. Research Focus: Applicants should have a research interest aligned with one of the MIASA research clusters: “Sustainable Peace,” “Urban Africa,” or “Digital Africa.”
4. Language Proficiency: Proficiency in English is required, as all fellowship activities will be conducted in English.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants are required to submit the following documents as part of their application:
1. Curriculum Vitae (CV): A comprehensive CV outlining academic achievements, research experience, and publications (if any).
2. Research Proposal: A well-structured research proposal outlining the objectives, methodology, and expected outcomes of the proposed research project.
3. Academic Transcripts: Official transcripts from all institutions attended, demonstrating academic excellence.
4. Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation from academic referees familiar with the applicant’s research work and potential.
5. Writing Samples: Examples of published or unpublished written work that showcase the applicant’s research capabilities.
BENEFITS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Selected fellows will receive a wide range of benefits, including:
1. Monthly Stipend: Fellows will be awarded a generous stipend of €1500 per month to support their living expenses during the fellowship period.
2. Research Allowance: A research allowance will be provided to cover essential research-related costs, such as data collection, fieldwork, and conference attendance.
3. Accommodation: Fellows will be offered fully furnished accommodation within the MIASA premises, ensuring a comfortable and conducive living environment.
4. Travel Support: Fellows will receive full sponsorship for their travel expenses, including round-trip airfare to and from the University of Ghana.
5. Networking Opportunities: Fellows will have the opportunity to engage with distinguished scholars, attend seminars and workshops, and collaborate with other fellows from diverse disciplinary backgrounds.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Can I apply if I am currently pursuing a PhD but have not yet completed it?
Yes, applicants at an advanced stage of their PhD research are eligible to apply.
2. Is there an age limit for applicants?
No, there is no age limit. The fellowship is open to scholars at any stage of their academic career.
3. Can I submit more than one research proposal?
No, applicants are only allowed to submit one research proposal for consideration.
4. What is the duration of the fellowship?
The fellowship duration is for a period of three to five months.
DEADLINE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
The deadline for submitting applications for the 2024 MIASA Fellowship Program is August 31, 2023. Late submissions will not be considered, so be sure to submit your application well in advance.
URL FOR APPLICATION
To access the application portal and find detailed information about the 2024 MIASA Fellowship Program, please visit THIER WEBSITE
. We encourage all eligible African scholars to take advantage of this remarkable opportunity and apply before the deadline.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Don’t miss out on this chance to further your research, expand your academic horizons, and contribute to the advancement of knowledge. The University of Ghana and MIASA are eagerly awaiting your application. Good luck!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIP UPDATES